- Develop enlightened human capital in line with the Education 5.0 concept.
- Exploit factor endowment of the Matabeleland South Province environment in line with the University’s mandate.
- Use ICTs as a principal mode of academic and administrative delivery in line with 4th Industrial Revolution.
- Be sensitive to gender equity, needs of the people with disability and cultural values.
- Promote the wellness and physical/emotional well-being of staff and students.
To be a world class centre for learning, research and innovation which proffers solutions to global challenges through value addition, beneficiation and industrialisation by 2030
Equity– fairness and impartiality
Innovativeness– creative thinking
Accountability– answerability and responsibility
Excellence– quality of being outstanding
Esprit De Corps– feeling of pride and mutual loyalty shared by members of Gwanda State University
Ubuntu/Unhu/Botho/Vhuthu/Umntu/Bunhu– social compatibility
In line with the natural endowments of its geographical location, the University’s mandate is “specialisation in animal and veterinary sciences, irrigation engineering and management, mining engineering, environmental engineering and ecosystems restoration”.