Dr Phendukani Ncube
PhD Chemistry (University of Johannesburg, RSA)
MSc Polymer & Surface Coatings Sci.& Technology (Leeds University, England)
BSc Honours Chemistry (University of Zimbabwe)
SACI – South African Chemical Institute
CATSA – Catalysis Society of South Africa
RSC – Royal Society of Chemistry
Publications And Conferences
- Ncube P. Mamba B.B and RW Krause. Fluorescent Sensing of Chlorophenols in Water Using an Azo Dye Modified β-Cyclodextrin Polymer. Oral Presentation. Third Annual DST/Mintek/NIC “Nanotechnology for Life” Workshop and Conference, University of the Western Cape, Bellville, Cape Town, South Africa. 23 November 2010.
- Ncube P. Mamba B.B and RW Krause. Chromophore Modified Cyclodextrin Polymers for the Sensing of Pollutants in Water. Oral Presentation. NIC/MINTEK Conference, MINTEK, Johannesburg. 30 July 2010
- P. Ncube, R.W. Krause, and B.B. Mamba. (2011). Fluorescent Sensing of Chlorophenols in Water Using an Azo Dye Modified β-Cyclodextrin Polymer. Sensors (MDPI, Switzerland), 11, 4598 – 4608. (IF 2.033)
- M.F. Zaranyika and P. Ncube (2011). Adsorption/desorption of carbaryl by river sediment: Apparent thermodynamic properties. International Journal of BioChemiPhysics (University of Nairobi, Kenya), 19, 1-9.
- Ncube P. Mamba B.B and RW Krause. Selective Recognition of Hg2+ and Cu2+ ions in Water by a Fluorescent Naphthyl-azo Modified Dibenzo-18-Crown-6-Ether. Poster Presentation. 2nd Regional Conference of the Southern African Young Water Professionals (YWPs). CSIR International Conversion Centre (ICC), Pretoria, South Africa, 3 – 5 July 2011.
Ncube P., Krause R.W., Ndinteh D.T. and Mamba B.B. Fluorescent Sensing and Determination of Mercury (II) Ions in Water. 13th WaterNet/WARFSA/GWP-SA International Symposium on Integrated Water Resource Management. Oral Presentation. The Birchwood Hotel and OR Tambo Conference Centre, Johannesburg, South Africa. 31 October 2012 – 2 November 2012.
- P. Ncube, R.W. Krause, D.T. Ndinteh and B.B. Mamba. (2014). Fluorescent sensing and determination of mercury (II) ions in water. Water SA (Water Research Commission, SA), 40(1), 175 – 182. (Impact Factor 0.962)
- P. Ncube, R.W. Krause, and B.B. Mamba. (2014). Detection of chloroform in water using an azo dye-modified β-cyclodextrin – epichlorohydrin copolymer as a fluorescent probe. Physics and Chemistry of the Earth ((Elsevier), 67-69, 79 – 85. (Impact Factor 1.923)
- Ncube P., Meijboom R. Synthesis and characterization of silica-supported Pd nanoparticles as heterogeneous catalysts for Suzuki C – C coupling reaction. Poster Presentation. Catalysis Society of South Africa (CATSA) 25th Annual Conference; St George Hotel, Pretoria; 9 – 12 December 2014
- P. Ncube,; T. Hlabathe, and R. Meijboom. (2015). The preparation of well-defined dendrimer-encapsulated palladium and platinum nanoparticles and their catalytic evaluation in the oxidation of morin. Applied Surface Science (Elsevier), 357, 1141 – 1149. (Impact Factor 4.439)
- P. Ncube, T. Hlabathe and R. Meijboom. (2015). Palladium nanoparticles supported on mesoporous silica as efficient and recyclable heterogeneous nanocatalysts for the Suzuki C-C coupling reaction. Journal of Cluster Science (Springer), 26(5), 1873 – 1888. (Impact Factor 1.715)
- P. Ncube; N. Bingwa, H. Baloyi and R. Meijboom. (2015). Catalytic activity of palladium and gold dendrimer-encapsulated nanoparticles for methylene blue reduction: A kinetic analysis. Applied Catalysis A: General (Elsevier), 495, 63 – 71. (Impact Factor 4.439)
- Ncube P., Batsile M. Mogudi and Meijboom R. Catalytic activity of mesoporous iron oxides with controlled porosity: Evaluation using the oxidation of Rhodamine B. Poster Presentation. Catalysis Society of South Africa (CATSA) 26th Annual Conference; Cape Town 9 – 12 December 2015
B.M. Mogudi, P. Ncube, and R. Meijboom. (2016). Catalytic activity of mesoporous cobalt oxides with controlled porosity and crystallite sizes: Evaluation using the reduction of 4-nitrophenol. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental (Elsevier), 198, 74 – 82. (Impact Factor 11.689)
B.M. Mogudi, P. Ncube, and R. Meijboom. (2017). Promotion effects of alkali- and alkaline earth metals on catalytic activity of mesoporous Co3O4 for 4-nitrophenol reduction. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental (Elsevier), 218, 240 – 248. (Impact Factor 11.698)
- S. Dube, B. Tshuma, T.B. Jele, S. Nkompilo, L. Tshuma, L.B. Moyo, N. Hlabangana, F. Nkomo, P. Ncube and J. Tshuma. (2018). Extraction of magnesium from chrome slag by sulphuric acid leaching at low temperatures. International Journal of Innovations in Engineering Research and Technology (Novateur Publications), 5 (11), 1 – 7.
- N. Bingwa, S. Bewana, M. J. Ndolomingo, N. Mawila, B. Mogudi, P. Ncube, E. Carleschi, B.P. Doyle, M. Haumann and R. Meijboom. (2018). Effect of alkali and alkaline earth metal dopants on catalytic activity of mesoporous cobalt oxide evaluated using a model reaction. Applied Catalysis A: General (Elsevier), 555, 189 – 195. (Impact Factor 4.521)
- E. Vunain, P. Ncube, K. Jalama and R. Meijboom. (2018). Confinement effect of rhodium (I) complex species on mesoporous MCM-41 and SBA-15: Effect of pore size on the hydroformylation of 1-octene. Journal of Porous Materials (Springer), 25, 303 – 320. (Impact Factor 1.858)
- Metal recovery from slag
- Remediation of water and soils contaminated by mining activities
- Polymers in metal recovery and water remediation
EM1 1104 – Introduction to Chemistry
EMR 2103 – Chemistry for Metallurgists
EMR 2105 – Metallurgical Thermodynamics
EMR 2206 – Process Mineralogy
EMR 5203 – Corrosion and Wear
Ph.D. in Geophysics (University of Fort Hare) - Pending
Msc Geophysics (National University of Science and Technology)
Bsc (hons) Physics (Midlands State University)
- A model of the effects of Hydraulic Fracturing ( fracking ) tests on the geology and hydrogeology in the Karoo, ( Beaufort West Area ) Eastern Cape.
- GIS and Remote Sensing Based Spatio-temporal Mapping of Groundwater Depth in the Keiskammahoek agricultural region in the Eastern Cape, South Africa.
- Gold exploration in Shamva Archean Greenstone belt using magnetic and induced polarization methods: A case study for Manungo small scale mine, Shamva, Zimbabwe.
Mr. Nkosilathi Ndlovu
B.Sc. degree in geology and Geographical Information Systems (GIS) - University of Fort Hare
B.Sc. Hons Geology - University of Fort Hare
MSc. Geology degree - University of Fort Hare
Publications And Conferences
Madi, K., Ndlovu, N., and Gwavava, O. (2018). Evaluation of groundwater potential in the fractured karoo aquifers around Fort Beaufort neotectonics zones, Eastern Cape, South Africa (Paper under review in the Journal for Applied Water Science)
- Metal Recovery
- Catalysis; Kinetics and Thermodynamics
- Environmental Analytical Chemistry
- Geospatial Technologies
- Mineral Exploration
- Ground Water Studies
- Groundwater (Geohydrology)
- Hits: 5497